Join us at position
Senior Specialist In Oligonucleotide Chemistry
About DIANA Biotechnologies
We are leading Czech biotechnology company with a great innovative potential. We focus on the development of products based on our cutting edge research in the fields of molecular diagnostics and drug discovery. We have global ambitions and since our foundation in 2018 we already have achieved some of our goals. During COVID-19 pandemics, we were able to quickly develop one of the most innovative COVID-19 tests worldwide and we helped to increase the testing capacity of the whole country. As a result, we became the biggest Czech manufacturer of RT-PCR tests. Besides RT-PCR, we continue to focus on projects aiming to develop new molecular diagnostics, monoclonal antibodies and new drug candidates. This is possible thanks to our multidisciplinary team motivated to advance diagnostics and drug discovery.
We are a young and dynamic company being built by friendly and highly skilled colleagues, but at the same time we have already grown to a mid-sized company of about 100 employees and we have the ability to run long term and ambitious projects. If you join us, you will be part of the creation of a unique biotech company which is the first of its kind in the Czech Republic.
We are strenghtening the team in our recently formed oligonucleotide synthesis department, and we are thus looking for a Senior Specialist in Oligonucleotide chemistry.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Optimization of protocols for synthetizing oligonucleotides with various modifications on an commercial automated instrument.
- Broadening the range of modifications (building blocks) we are able to incorporate.
- You will do research (introducing new modifications), development (optimizing protocols), but you will also run routine production of oligonucleotides for internal purposes.
- All in cooperation with the Head of Chemistry and with the Analytical specialist.
- Leading the oligonucleotide synthesis lab (now supervising the analytical specialist).
Who are we looking for?
- Finished Master or PhD degree in organic chemistry or related fields.
- At least several years of relevant experience needed (time of PhD studies is counted).
- Experience in solid phase oligonucleotide synthesis highly desirable.
- Experience in purification methods such as HPLC or GPC.
- Experience with anhydrous conditions reactions required.
- Knowledge of LC-MS analysis desirable.
- Self motivated professional with positive attitude and team spirit, willing to work in multiple roles (working both as a researcher as well as a production specialist).
What do we offer?
- Friendly and supportive environment
- Diverse work in a dynamic and unique biotech company
- Perspective of a long term contract in a successful company
- Participation on the creation of unique inventions and products
- Support of further education, courses, trainings, thorough onboarding process
- Opportunity to join the company at an early stage and participating on its growth
- Competitive salary and possibility of personal growth
- Various benefits, including 5 weeks paid vacation, sick days and regular company events
- Full time employer contract with the place of work in Prague.
Applications and further enquiries should be sent using the following form.
When applying, please send us your motivation letter (tell us about your ambitions, project goals and skills you can contribute) and CV (incl. list of publications and at least two reference contacts).