Join us at position
General Synthetic Organic Chemistry
About DIANA Biotechnologies
are leading Czech biotechnology company with a great innovative potential. We
focus on the development of products based on our cutting edge research in the
fields of molecular diagnostics and drug discovery. We have global ambitions
and since our foundation in 2018 we already have achieved some of our goals.
During COVID-19 pandemics, we were able to quickly develop one of the most
innovative COVID-19 tests worldwide and we helped to increase the testing
capacity of the whole country. As a result, we became the biggest Czech
manufacturer of RT-PCR tests. Besides RT-PCR, we continue to focus on projects
aiming to develop new molecular diagnostics, monoclonal antibodies and new drug
candidates. This is possible thanks to our multidisciplinary team motivated to
advance diagnostics and drug discovery.
are a young and dynamic company being built by friendly and highly skilled
colleagues, but at the same time we have already grown to a mid-sized company
of about 100 employees and we have the ability to run long term and ambitious
projects. If you join us, you will be part of the creation of a unique biotech company
which is the first of its kind in the Czech Republic.
are strenghtening our chemistry department and we are thus looking for a Senior
Researcher in General Synthetic Organic Chemistry.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Synthesis of various small molecule inhibitors of enzymes.
- Synthesis of haptens for conjugation to carriers and for subsequent immunization.
- Synthesis and development of various new building blocks for oligonucleotide synthesis.
- Purification of the products, record keeping about the syntheses, purficiations and results.
- Bioconjugation of small molecules to proteins and oligonucleotides and their purification.
- Designing the synthetic steps leading to the desired molecule (including literature review).
Who are we looking for?
- Finished PhD degree in Organic or Medicinal Chemistry or related fields.
- At least several years of experience in industrial or academic laboratory (e.g. postdocs).
- Experience with solid support synthesis, sugar chemistry, nanoparticle synthesis, polymer chemistry, peptide or oligonucleotide synthesis is beneficial but not necessary.
- Track record in scientific publications and/or patent applications is of advantage.
- Knowledge of NMR, LCMS and other basic laboratory methods is a must.
- Self motivated professional with positive attitude and team spirit.
What do we offer?
- Friendly and supportive environment
- Diverse work in a dynamic and unique biotech company
- Perspective of a long term contract in a successful company
- Participation on the creation of unique inventions and products
- Support of further education, courses, trainings, thorough onboarding process
- Opportunity to join the company at an early stage and participating on its growth
- Competitive salary and possibility of personal growth
- Various benefits, including 5 weeks paid vacation, sick days and regular company events
- Full time employer contract with the place of work in Prague.
Applications and further enquiries should be sent using the following form.
When applying, please send us your motivation letter (tell us about your ambitions, project goals and skills you can contribute) and CV (incl. list of publications and at least two reference contacts).