Join us at position
RT-PCR Assay Development
About DIANA Biotechnologies
We are leading Czech biotechnology company with a great innovative potential. We focus on the development of products based on our cutting edge research in the fields of molecular diagnostics and drug discovery. We have global ambitions and since our foundation in 2018 we already have achieved some of our goals. During COVID-19 pandemics, we were able to quickly develop one of the most innovative COVID-19 tests worldwide and we helped to increase the testing capacity of the whole country. As a result, we became the biggest Czech manufacturer of RT-PCR tests. Besides RT-PCR, we continue to focus on projects aiming to develop new molecular diagnostics, monoclonal antibodies and new drug candidates. This is possible thanks to our multidisciplinary team motivated to advance diagnostics and drug discovery.
We are a young and dynamic company being built by friendly and highly skilled colleagues, but at the same time we have already grown to a mid-sized company of about 100 employees and we have the ability to run long term and ambitious projects. If you join us, you will be part of the creation of a unique biotech company which is the first of its kind in the Czech Republic.
We are strenghtening our research team and we are thus looking for a Senior Developer for assay development of RT-PCR and related assays.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Design and development of RT-PCR assays for new targets (pathogens, polymorphism detection, detection of somatic mutations etc.), literature review.
- Supervising the full developmental cycle: design, development, documentation, validation, transfer to the manufacture, setting up the QC, notification & post marketing surveillance.
- Maintaining and improving internal proprietary pipeline for RT-PCR assay development and validation, in cooperation with colleagues from Bioinformatics and RT-PCR chemistry development and protein expression & engineering teams.
- Proper documentation of the developmental process.
- Leading and supervising junior RT-PCR developers.
- Possibility to became the associate head of RT-PCR assay development.
Who are we looking for?
- Finished Master or PhD in genetics, biochemistry, molecular biology or related fields.
- At least several years of relevant industrial or academic experience (PhD study counted).
- Experience needed in assay development and in qRT-PCR or analogous methods.
- Self motivated professional with positive attitude and team spirit.
- You are able to work in a highly organized matter.
What do we offer?
- Friendly and supportive environment
- Diverse work in a dynamic and unique biotech company
- Perspective of a long term contract in a successful company
- Participation on the creation of unique methods and products
- Support of further education, courses, trainings, thorough onboarding process
- Opportunity to join the company at an early stage and participating on its growth
- Competitive salary and possibility of personal growth
- Various benefits, including 5 weeks paid vacation, sick days and regular company events
- Full time employer contract with the place of work in Vestec near Prague.
Applications and further enquiries should be sent using the following form.
When applying, please send us your motivation letter (tell us about your ambitions, project goals and skills you can contribute) and CV (incl. list of publications and at least two reference contacts).