Join us at position
Research & Development Specialist: Chemical Biology
About DIANA Biotechnologies
We are leading Czech biotechnology company with a great innovative potential. We focus on the development of products based on our cutting edge research in the fields of molecular diagnostics and drug discovery. We have global ambitions and since our foundation in 2018 we already have achieved some of our goals. During COVID-19 pandemics, we were able to quickly develop one of the most innovative COVID-19 tests worldwide and we helped to increase the testing capacity of the whole country. As a result, we became the biggest Czech manufacturer of RT-PCR tests. Besides RT-PCR, we continue to focus on projects aiming to develop new molecular diagnostics, monoclonal antibodies and new drug candidates. This is possible thanks to our multidisciplinary team motivated to advance diagnostics and drug discovery.
We are a young and dynamic company being built by friendly and highly skilled colleagues, but at the same time we have already grown to a mid-sized company of about 100 employees and we have the ability to run long term and ambitious projects. If you join us, you will be part of the creation of a unique biotech company which is the first of its kind in the Czech Republic.
We are strenghtening our research team, and we are thus looking for a Research & development specialist focused on chemical biology.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Bioconjugation, mainly of small molecules with DNA (used in DIANA) or proteins (used in immunizations or staining of cells in FACS and related techniques), literature review.
- Purification, analysis and biological testing (internally and externally) of these conjugates.
- Small molecule precursors are prepared in our chemistry department, they also help with setting up the conditions of the bioconujgates and of their purification & analysis.
- Further improving of preparation and purification techniques.
- Maintaining the database of such precursors and haptens.
- Close cooperation with other team members from the antibody development team.
- Possibility to participate on the applications of these conjugates (e.g. diagnostics).
- Record keeping about the projects, learning other researchers about the projects.
Who are we looking for?
- Finished Master or PhD degree in Biochemistry or related fields.
- Several years of experience in industrial or academic laboratory highly appreciated.
- Experience in biochemistry and chemical biology, preferentially in assay development, antibodies, bioconjugation, enzyme inhibition, qRT-PCR, ELISA also appreciated.
- Track record in scientific publications and/or patent applications is of advantage.
- Self motivated professional with positive attitude and team spirit.
- You are able to work in highly organized matter.
What do we offer?
- Friendly and supportive environment
- Diverse work in a dynamic and unique biotech company
- Perspective of a long term contract in a successful company
- Participation on the creation of unique inventions and products
- Support of further education, courses, trainings, thorough onboarding process
- Opportunity to join the company at an early stage and participating on its growth
- Competitive salary and possibility of personal growth
- Various benefits, including 5 weeks paid vacation, sick days and regular company events
- Full time employer contract with the place of work in Vestec near Prague.
Applications and further enquiries should be sent using the following form.
When applying, please send us your motivation letter (tell us about your ambitions, project goals and skills you can contribute) and CV (incl. list of publications and at least two reference contacts).