Join us at position
Research & Development Specialist: Chemical Biology
We are the most successful Czech biotechnology startup and we are just going global. We started in 2018 and since then we have built successful R&D and commercial activities in three main segments: human molecular diagnostics, small molecule drug discovery and monoclonal antibody development. We already have our products on the molecular diagnostic market and we have become the largest manufacturer of PCR tests for COVID-19 in the Czech Republic – we have brought sensitive and the most patient-friendly PCR tests from saliva to the market, multiplied the Czech testing capacity and at the same time reduced the price of the tests. We continue our mission to provide own products in diverse biotech areas as well as developing our own original medical drugs.
Although we are a young and flexible company, we have already grown to more than 100 employees. For 2021, we have become the fastest growing company in Central and Eastern Europe in the Deloitte Fast 50 Companies to watch. Our courage and healthy financial background give us the opportunity to pursue long-term and ambitious development projects with global impact. If you join us, you will be part of the creation of a unique biotechnology company that is the first of its kind in Central Europe.
We are strengthening our research team, and we are thus looking for a Research & development specialist focused on chemical biology.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Bioconjugation, mainly of small molecules with DNA (used in DIANA) or proteins (used in immunizations or staining of cells in FACS and related techniques), literature review.
- Purification, analysis and biological testing (internally and externally) of these conjugates.
- Small molecule precursors are prepared in our chemistry department, they also help with setting up the conditions of the bioconujgates and of their purification & analysis.
- Further improving of preparation and purification techniques.
- Maintaining the database of such precursors and haptens.
- Close cooperation with other team members from the antibody development team.
- Possibility to participate on the applications of these conjugates (e.g. diagnostics).
- Record keeping about the projects, learning other researchers about the projects.
Who are we looking for?
- Finished Master or PhD degree in Biochemistry or related fields.
- Several years of experience in industrial or academic laboratory highly appreciated.
- Experience in biochemistry and chemical biology, preferentially in assay development, antibodies, bioconjugation, enzyme inhibition, qRT-PCR, ELISA also appreciated.
- Track record in scientific publications and/or patent applications is of advantage.
- Self motivated professional with positive attitude and team spirit.
- You are able to work in highly organized matter.
What do we offer?
- Friendly and supportive environment
- Diverse work in a dynamic and unique biotech company
- Perspective of a long term contract in a successful company
- Participation on the creation of unique inventions and products
- Support of further education, courses, trainings, thorough onboarding process
- Opportunity to join the company at an early stage and participating on its growth
- Competitive salary and possibility of personal growth
- Various employee benefits: meal vouchers, sick days, 5 weeks of holiday, pension contribution, Multisport card, refreshments and excellent coffee at the workplace, teambuildings and many more!
- Full time employer contract with the place of work in Vestec near Prague.
Applications and further enquiries should be sent using the following form.
When applying, please attach a Cover Letter (describe your experience, ambitions and skills you can contribute, and explain why you want to work for us in this particular position) and a CV (including a list of scientific publications if applicable).