Join us at position
R&D Patent Specialist – molecular biology and biochemistry
We are a successful biotech startup with unique products and services in human molecular diagnostics, life sciences, monoclonal antibodies and small molecule drug discovery. Since we have global ambitions and these products rely on internal cutting-edge research and development, we thus need to protect them. We are and will be very active in filing global patents in various fields in the next months and years and we are thus looking for an Intellectual Property Specialist – Patent Specialist. Right now, we are relying on cooperation with high quality external attorneys, but we would like to start building our internal patent department and you would be the first employee in this departments.
We are looking for highly motivated colleague, who is genuinely interested in science, is enthusiastic about reading scientific and patent literature and has deep understanding of biochemistry, molecular biology or similar fields. Previous experience with patent filing and prosecution is not necessary, we can help you and we also work closely with external European and US patent attorneys. You will need ability to understand our inventions and the passion to give them the best protection possible.
If you are experienced scientist and you do not plan to pursue classic scientific carrier but still want to be in contact with high quality science, then you might be the ideal candidate.
What will be your responsibilities?
- You’ll be at the heart of the patent process: communicating with scientists and developers to formulate inventions and preparing applications in collaboration with external law firms.
- You’ll co-draft patent claims and full applications and help shape the strategy for protecting key inventions through broader patent families, ensuring continuity between applications.
- You will also be able to use help of external attorneys, but your added value will be your deep understanding of our inventions and your long-term focus on our projects.
- You will also be actively involved in the development process: your patentability and freedom-to-operate analysis will influence the directions of the development.
- You will manage patent families, including the administration of fee payments.
What are the requirements?
- PhD in medicine, biochemistry, molecular biology or related fields.
- Scientific experience with track record of writing publications is a plus.
- Strong motivation, positive attitude and interest in pursuing patent law for the long term.
- Ability to understand the technical details of our biotechnology inventions is a must.
- Experience as a patent specialist and/or patent attorney is not necessary.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to work with an interdisciplinary team.
What do we offer?
- Opportunity to work on interesting and meaningful in a young and dynamic biotech company with world-class research and a strong future growth.
- A friendly work team motivated by improving the lives of people through development of new drugs and diagnostics.
- Active sharing of know-how within the company, development of knowledge and skills.
- Competitive salary reflecting your seniority level and your contributions.
- Opportunity for career growth.
- Various employee benefits: 5 weeks paid vacation, meal voucher allowance, sick days, pension contribution, Multisport card, refreshments and excellent coffee at the workplace, and more!
- Full-time employment contract with place of work in Zlatníky-Hodkovice near Prague, parking on site.
We are a successful biotech startup with unique products and global ambitions. We have four main research and business segments: human molecular diagnostics, PCR reagents for life sciences, monoclonal antibodies and small molecule drug discovery. In all these segments we are bringing unique products to the global market.
We are both research oriented and successful in business. Our products are based on internal cutting-edge multidisciplinary research. We also actively seek for new market opportunities, and in past years we have thus become the largest developer and manufacturer of COVID-19 PCR diagnostics in the Czech Republic. We are now continuing our mission of providing our own products in multiple different biotechnological areas.
Even though we started the company just in 2018, we have already grown to over 100 employees. From the beginning, we aim to run long-term, ambitious projects with a global impact. If you join us, you will be a part of the creation of a unique biotechnology company which is the first of its kind in Central Europe.
When applying, please attach a Cover Letter (describe your experience, ambitions and skills you can contribute, and explain why you want to work for us in this particular position) and a CV.