Advancing in vitro diagnostics and drug discovery
We are now seeking an experienced
who would like to grow with us and move the innovative life sciences
Who are we?
DIANA Biotechnologies, s.r.o. was established as a spin-off company of the Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry (IOCB) of the Academy of Sciences in Prague, aiming to build on its global reputation and strong track record in drug discovery. We have raised a substantial amount of venture capital funding and have been awarded exclusive global rights for the DIANA technology.
In our diagnostics unit, we are building a portfolio of detection assays utilizing the DIANA’s ultra-high sensitivity, allowing the detection of medically relevant targets from a tiny amount of sample. Our drug discovery unit is providing complex CRO services, ranging from assay development, through to HTS screening of small-molecular libraries, and ADME pharmacology testing. Utilizing our collaborations, we are also developing some of our own early drug-discovery programs.
The company is now based in its own research facility near Prague and has established collaboration with a wide range of industrial and academic partners. The company now employs over 60 personnel, along with external collaborators, elite scientists, and developers.
Learn more on www.dianabiotech.com.
Who are we looking for?
- A candidate with Ph.D. degree in Organic chemistry, Organic Synthesis, Medical chemistry or similar fields required.
- Proven experience with solid support synthesis, sugar chemistry, nanoparticle synthesis, polymer chemistry, peptide or oligo synthesis, radioisotope handling is a plus.
- Required at least 5 fulltime years of laboratory experience, ideally backed by results published in either scientific journals or patents
- Knowledge of NMR, LCMS and other basic laboratory methods is a must.
- Required soft skills: knowledge of chemistry software, presentation skills, English (at least B2 level).
- Flexible to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Strong computer and data management skills.
What responsibilities you will have?
- Synthesis of various small molecule inhibitors/ligands of various enzymes and other proteins
- Leading synthetic chemistry projects and the follow-up collaboration with biochemical testing team
- Bioconjugation of small molecules to protein and oligonucleotide targets and their purification
What can we offer?
- Ability to utilize your research / experimental skills and academic expertise for real world applications.
- Working in a friendly dynamic multidisciplinary team with entrepreneurial atmosphere.
- Joining the company at early growth stage with a range of career development options.
- Participating in collaboration with top-tier institutes and global pharma or diagnostic companies.
- Competitive salary above local academic standards.
- The full-time position, available starting immediately.
When applying, please send us your motivation letter (tell us about your ambitions, project goals and skills you can contribute) and CV (incl. list of publications and at least two reference contacts).