Join us at position
Senior / Junior Researcher in Protein Facility
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced researcher to join our team as a Researcher in Protein Facility.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Design and optimize protein expression systems, including vector design and selection of expression host with respect to expected properties of target protein.
- Optimize constructs for protein production through standard molecular biology and biochemistry procedures: e.g., targeted mutagenesis, PCR and DNA cloning.
- Provide scientific insight to overcome issues (ex: solubility, purity, heterogeneity, yield).
- Collaborate with other scientists to identify new research opportunities.
- Maintain accurate records and prepare reports of experimental results.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest research and developments in protein expression and purification.
Who are we looking for?
- PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related field.
- Experience in heterologous protein expression in eukaryotic systems.
- Understanding of protein purification principles and hands on experience of protein expression, purification, and protein analytical techniques.
- Knowledge of the AKTA chromatographic system an advantage.
- Experience with biophysical methods (ITC, SPR, DSF, MST, CD, SAXS, MASS SPEC, enzyme kinetics) to characterize protein properties an advantage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team player who can foster a team-based approach to research.
- Good record keeping and able to efficiently manage several projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment.
What do we offer?
- Opportunity to work on interesting and meaningful projects including novel concepts diagnostics and drug discovery in a young and dynamic biotech company with world-class research and a strong future growth.
- A professional, yet friendly and supportive work environment.
- Large potential for personal and professional growth.
- Support for further education, courses, and trainings thorough an onboarding process.
- Competitive salary, full-time employment contract with the place of work in Vestec near Prague.
- Various employee benefits: 5 weeks paid vacation, meal voucher allowance, sick days, pension contribution, Multisport card, refreshments and excellent coffee at the workplace, teambuildings and many more!
We are the most successful Czech biotechnology startup and we are just going global. We started in 2018 and since then we have built successful R&D and commercial activities in three main segments: human molecular diagnostics, small molecule drug discovery and monoclonal antibody development. We already have our products on the molecular diagnostic market and we have become the largest manufacturer of PCR tests for COVID-19 in the Czech Republic – we have brought sensitive and the most patient-friendly PCR tests from saliva to the market, multiplied the Czech testing capacity and at the same time reduced the price of the tests. We continue our mission to provide own products in diverse biotech areas as well as developing our own original medical drugs.
Although we are a young and flexible company, we have already grown to more than 100 employees. For 2021, we have become the fastest growing company in Central and Eastern Europe in the Deloitte Fast 50 Companies to watch. Our courage and healthy financial background give us the opportunity to pursue long-term and ambitious development projects with global impact. If you join us, you will be part of the creation of a unique biotechnology company that is the first of its kind in Central Europe.
When applying, please attach a Cover Letter (describe your experience, ambitions and skills you can contribute, and explain why you want to work for us in this particular position) and a CV (including a list of scientific publications if applicable).