Join us at position
Junior Researcher: Oligonucleotide Synthesis
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced researcher to join our team as a Junior Researcher: Oligonucleotide Synthesis.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Developing and executing clear synthetic strategies towards chemically modified oligonucleotide sequences using state-of-the-art synthetic methodologies.
- Optimization of protocols for synthetizing oligonucleotides on a commercial automated instrument.
- Analyze screening data, perform literature reviews, design, propose, and execute nucleic acid chemistry plans, coordinate chemistry and biology data to support oligonucleotide compound progression (broadening the range of modifications (building blocks)).
- Carry out a routine production of oligonucleotides for internal purposes.
- All in cooperation with the Head of Chemistry and with the Analytical specialist.
Who are we looking for?
- You finished Master or PhD degree in organic chemistry or related fields.
- You have at least several years of relevant experience (time of PhD studies is counted).
- Experience with solid phase oligonucleotide or nucleoside chemistry is welcomed but not necessary.
- You have experience with anhydrous conditions reactions.
- Knowledge of purification methods such as HPLC or GPC and LC-MS analysis is highly desirable.
- You are self-motivated professional with positive attitude and team spirit, willing to work in multiple roles (working both as a researcher as well as a production specialist).
What do we offer?
- Friendly and supportive environment.
- Diverse work in a dynamic and unique biotech company.
- Perspective of a long-term contract in a successful company.
- Participation on the creation of unique inventions and products.
- Support of further education, courses, trainings, thorough onboarding process.
- Opportunity to join the company at an early stage enabling your career development.
- Competitive salary and possibility of personal growth.
- Various employee benefits: meal vouchers, sick days, 5 weeks of holiday, pension contribution, Multisport card, refreshments and excellent coffee at the workplace, teambuildings and many more!
- Full time employment contract.
We are the most successful Czech biotechnology startup and we are just going global. We started in 2018 and since then we have built successful R&D and commercial activities in three main segments: human molecular diagnostics, small molecule drug discovery and monoclonal antibody development. We already have our products on the molecular diagnostic market and we have become the largest manufacturer of PCR tests for COVID-19 in the Czech Republic – we have brought sensitive and the most patient-friendly PCR tests from saliva to the market, multiplied the Czech testing capacity and at the same time reduced the price of the tests. We continue our mission to provide own products in diverse biotech areas as well as developing our own original medical drugs.
Although we are a young and flexible company, we have already grown to more than 100 employees. For 2021, we have become the fastest growing company in Central and Eastern Europe in the Deloitte Fast 50 Companies to watch. Our courage and healthy financial background give us the opportunity to pursue long-term and ambitious development projects with global impact. If you join us, you will be part of the creation of a unique biotechnology company that is the first of its kind in Central Europe.
When applying, please attach a Cover Letter (describe your experience, ambitions and skills you can contribute, and explain why you want to work for us in this particular position) and a CV (including a list of scientific publications if applicable).