Automatizovaná moderní laboratoř
Nabízíme laboratorní a diagnostické služby
Přesné české PCR ze slin
Jeden z nejcitlivějších a nejmodernějších testů na trhu
INFORMACE PRO ZÁJEMCE O COVID-19 TESTY
Pro všechny zájemce o testování na COVID – 19 pomocí našich testů jsme spustili nové webové stránky, kde naleznete veškeré potřebné informace
DIANA COVID-19 diagnostic products
DIANA Biotechnologies has developed series of ultra-sensitive PCR-based diagnostics to fight the COVID-19 epidemic. These are optimized to be run in diagnostic labs in high-throughput format. Our COVID-19 tests are currently in use at 12 major diagnostic centers in the Czech republic and also being exported abroad. We have already sold more than 900 thousands COVID-19 tests, covering 20-25% of Czech testing capacity.
In January 2021 we have introduced to the market our novel technology DBdirect, allowing PCR detection directly from clinical samples (both nasopharyngeal swabs and saliva) without the need of prior isolation of RNA. DBdirect based saliva tests can in our view revolutionize the COVID-19 testing, combining ultra-sensitive detection with the easy self-collection of the samples. These tests are suitable both for clinical diagnostics (CE IVD mark) and preventive screening programs.
- High efficacy of RNA isolation
- Reproducible and applicable to a range of biological samples, such as pharyngeal and nasal swabs or saliva
- Efficacy of COVID-19 RNA isolation is tested for each lot
- In-house production from basic chemicals, sustainable large scale production
- Two versions of the kit currently available:
- Manual isolation kit (DB-1205)
- Automated RNA isolation kit for Agilent Bravo (DB-1206, reagents provided in multi-well plate format, includes all the plastic required)
- Meets all WHO recommendations
- Multiplex detection of 2 viral genes and 1 RNA isolation control
- Unique set of primers optimized for ultra-high sensitivity and selectivity
- High sensitivity of COVID-19 RNA detection
- Capable of detecting <10 molecules of viral RNA
- Higher sensitivity over most commercially available kits
- Universal: can be used with most multi-well-plate real-time PCR cyclers (96-well or 384-well format)
- Highly cost-efficient, sustainable large-scale production
- CE IVD marked (DB-1211)
Optimized for high-throughput
- DIANA COVID-19 RNA isolation is optimized to be run in a multi-well plate format on universal laboratory liquid handling robot Agilent Bravo
- All the necessary protocols and key setup features provided in initial installation package (DB-1214)
- Single 96-well plate installation can process up to 1500 samples per day
Several other advanced COVID-19 diagnostic solutions currently under development (detection from saliva, self-collection kits, ultra-sensitive serology tests, multiplex COVID&FLU diagnostic kits,…).
Introducing DIANA technology
DIANA (DNA-linked Inhibitor ANtibody Assay) is a novel ultra-sensitive multi-well plate based protein detection assay, which provides unique benefits in its two main areas of application:
- High Throughput Screening of small-molecular libraries for inhibitors or ligands of protein targets with ultra-low false-negative and false-positive rates
- Affinity profiling and quantitative specificity panels
- ADME pharmacology testing
- Quantitative detection of active enzymes, receptors or small molecules from range of clinical samples
- Ultra-sensitive, requiring tiny amount of sample (e.g. drop of blood)
- Available as a service or in a format of detection kit
How does it work?
DIANA is a multi-well plate assay, where target protein is selectively captured to the solid carrier and then bound by a unique detection probe consisting of a small-molecule ligand linked to a DNA-oligonucleotide. Subsequently, the probe is detected and quantified by qPCR. For drug discovery, the assay utilizes competition between the probe and the test compounds to measure their binding affinity.
DIANA is straightforward to develop for new targets and easy to implement using standard laboratory equipment.
DIANA for drug discovery
- Quantitative screening of compounds for interactions with the target of interest (enzyme, receptor, protein-protein interactions)
- Sensitive hit discovery with ultra-low false positive and false negative rates
- High throughput (>200,000 compounds per day), pooling of compounds to boost throughput and simplify logistics possible
- Can be used for high throughput screening, selectivity profiling and lead compound optimization
- Provided as a service or as a easy-to-use kit to be implemented at customer’s facility
Extremely high signal-to-noise ratio (Z’>0.9;CV<10%)
Quantitative - inhibition potency determined from a single well
Sensitive hit discovery, ultra-low false-positive and false-negative rate
Robust - no need for recombinant or purified proteins
Highly cost-efficient - very low consumption + compatible with pooling
Available as screening kit or as screening service at our facility
DIANA for diagnostics
- Detection of clinically relevant enzymes, receptors and small molecules in blood or other clinical samples
- Ultra-sensitive quantitative detection (femtograms of target) with the broad dynamic range (up to 6 logs)
- Suitable for both R&D and clinical diagnostics applications
- Assay available in a kit format which could be used in any standard laboratory setting
Ultra-sensitive (zeptomolar) with broad dynamic range
Very low background – no antibody interference
Highly selective for active form of the target
Requires tiny amounts of sample (<1 ul of human blood is sufficient)
CE IVD certification possible
Available in kit format with easy-to-use protocol or as a service
DIANA Biotechnologies story
DIANA Biotechnologies, s.r.o. was established in 2018 as a biotech company at the Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry (IOCB), Academy of Sciences in Prague, aiming to build on its global reputation and a strong track record in drug discovery. We have raised a substantial amount of venture capital funding and were awarded an exclusive global rights for the DIANA technology.
Combining in our team a unique set of expertise in medical & organic chemistry, biochemistry and pharmacology we are set to unleash the power of DIANA technology in both areas of clinical diagnostics and drug discovery.
In our diagnostics unit, we are building a portfolio of detection assays utilizing the DIANA’s ultra-high sensitivity, allowing the detection of medically relevant targets from a tiny amount of sample. Our drug discovery unit is providing complex CRO services ranging from assay development, HTS screening of small-molecular libraries and ADME pharmacology testing. Utilizing our collaborations we are also developing some of our own early drug-discovery programs.
The company is now based in its own research facility in a biotechnology hub in Vestec near Prague and has established collaborations with range of industrial and academic partners.
DIANA technology - Products & services
Utilizing mainly the proprietary DIANA Technology, but also our general expertise in medicinal chemistry and biochemistry, DIANA Biotechnologies is offering a range of products and services in diagnostics (both for research use and clinical applications) and drug discovery (high throughput screening, affinity measurements and selectivity profiling, assay development, lead compound optimization, ADME pharmacology).
Please check the links above for details and do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your project needs.
Věda a výzkum
DIANA Biotechnologies uvádí na trh PCR testy ze slin pro souběžnou detekci tří hlavních respiračních virových onemocnění. Nová služba Guardiana pak umožní samoodběr vzorků z pohodlí domova a odeslání přímo do laboratoře
DIANA Biotechnologies uvádí na trh PCR testy ze slin pro souběžnou detekci tří hlavních respiračních virových onemocnění. Nová služba Guardiana pak umožní samoodběr vzorků z pohodlí domova a odeslání přímo do laboratoře Praha, 6. prosince 2022 Čes...
DIANA Biotechnologies hlásí rekordní tržby. Česká firma plánuje investovat půl miliardy do dalšího výzkumu diagnostiky a léčiv a do globální expanze
Praha, 29. listopadu 2022 Skupina DIANA Biotechnologies loni utržila rekordních 926,8 milionů korun. Jedná se o 335% nárůst ve srovnání s rokem 2020, kdy ještě neexistovaly dceřiné firmy DIANA Lab a DIANA Engineering. Společnost za rok 2021 vykázala...
Společnost DIANA Biotechnologies dodala na trh již více než šest milionů PCR testů. Čeští vědci navyšují kapacitu po celé české republice.
Praha, 24. února 2022 Již přes šest milionů PCR testů od začátku pandemie dodala na trh česká společnost DIANA Biotechnologies a jako největší výrobce dominuje českému trhu. Od počátku pandemie firma pohotově reaguje na epidemickou situaci a potvrdi...
i&i Prague ohlašuje svůj první exit, podíl v DIANA Biotechnologies odkupují její zakladatelé
Praha, 21. února 2022 Skupina BTND a.s. dokončila odkup podílu společnosti DIANA Biotechnologies z portfolia biotech inkubátoru i&i Prague. Pro i&i Prague transakce otevírá nové možnosti podpory dalších vědeckých projektů. Společnost i&...
DIANA-based research papers
DIANA for drug discovery – High Throughput Screening leading to rapid identification of novel leads.
Methodology paper in preparation
Kožíšek et al. (2019): DNA-linked inhibitor antibody assay (DIANA) as a new method for screening influenza neuraminidase inhibitors.
Navratil et al. (2017): DIANA for sensitive and selective enzyme detection and inhibitor screening. Nucleic Acids research.
Development of new methods for detection of respiratory viruses
We were presenting the new methods for detection of respiratory viruses at „Pečenkovy epidemiologické dny” in Plzeň at 14th-16th April 2022.
Meet DIANA at ECBS/LS-EuChemS in Madrid
We are presenting the DIANA platform at 6th European Chemical Biology Symposium and the meeting of the EuChemS Division “Chemistry in Life Sciences” in Madrid at 3rd-5th April 2019. Meet us there to learn about DIANA’s potential in HTS screening and affinity profiling of Carbonic anhydrase inhibitors and discuss partnership opportunities.
Meet DIANA at SLAS 2019 in Washington DC
We are presenting DIANA at SLAS 2019 in Washington DC 4th-6th February 2019. Meet us there to learn about DIANA’s potential in HTS screening and affinity profiling and discuss partnership opportunities.
DIANA used to identify inhibitors of influenza neuraminidase
The team of scientists at IOCB successfully used DIANA technology to screen for inhibitors of influenza neuraminidase. Their study has been published in Biochemical Journal. Kožíšek et al. (2019): DNA-linked inhibitor antibody assay (DIANA) as a new method for screening influenza neuraminidase inhibitors.