Introducing DIANA technology
DIANA (DNA-linked Inhibitor ANtibody Assay) is a novel ultra-sensitive multi-well plate based protein detection assay, which provides unique benefits in its two main areas of application:
- High Throughput Screening of small-molecular libraries for inhibitors or ligands of protein targets with ultra-low false-negative and false-positive rates
- Affinity profiling and quantitative specificity panels
- ADME pharmacology testing
- Quantitative detection of active enzymes, receptors or small molecules from range of clinical samples
- Ultra-sensitive, requiring tiny amount of sample (e.g. drop of blood)
- Available as a service or in a format of detection kit
How does it work?
DIANA is a multi-well plate assay, where target protein is selectively captured to the solid carrier and then bound by a unique detection probe consisting of a small-molecule ligand linked to a DNA-oligonucleotide. Subsequently, the probe is detected and quantified by qPCR. For drug discovery, the assay utilizes competition between the probe and the test compounds to measure their binding affinity.
DIANA is straightforward to develop for new targets and easy to implement using standard laboratory equipment.
DIANA for drug discovery
- Quantitative screening of compounds for interactions with the target of interest (enzyme, receptor, protein-protein interactions)
- Sensitive hit discovery with ultra-low false positive and false negative rates
- High throughput (>200,000 compounds per day), pooling of compounds to boost throughput and simplify logistics possible
- Can be used for high throughput screening, selectivity profiling and lead compound optimization
- Provided as a service or as a easy-to-use kit to be implemented at customer’s facility
Extremely high signal-to-noise ratio (Z’>0.9;CV<10%)
Quantitative - inhibition potency determined from a single well
Sensitive hit discovery, ultra-low false-positive and false-negative rate
Robust - no need for recombinant or purified proteins
Highly cost-efficient - very low consumption + compatible with pooling
Available as screening kit or as screening service at our facility
DIANA for diagnostics
- Detection of clinically relevant enzymes, receptors and small molecules in blood or other clinical samples
- Ultra-sensitive quantitative detection (femtograms of target) with the broad dynamic range (up to 6 logs)
- Suitable for both R&D and clinical diagnostics applications
- Assay available in a kit format which could be used in any standard laboratory setting
Ultra-sensitive (zeptomolar) with broad dynamic range
Very low background – no antibody interference
Highly selective for active form of the target
Requires tiny amounts of sample (<1 ul of human blood is sufficient)
CE IVD certification possible
Available in kit format with easy-to-use protocol or as a service
DIANA technology - Products & services
Utilizing mainly the proprietary DIANA Technology, but also our general expertise in medicinal chemistry and biochemistry, DIANA Biotechnologies is offering a range of products and services in diagnostics (both for research use and clinical applications) and drug discovery (high throughput screening, affinity measurements and selectivity profiling, assay development, lead compound optimization, ADME pharmacology).
Please check the links above for details and do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your project needs.
DIANA-based research papers
DIANA for drug discovery – High Throughput Screening leading to rapid identification of novel leads.
Methodology paper in preparation
Kožíšek et al. (2019): DNA-linked inhibitor antibody assay (DIANA) as a new method for screening influenza neuraminidase inhibitors.
Navratil et al. (2017): DIANA for sensitive and selective enzyme detection and inhibitor screening. Nucleic Acids research.
Development of new methods for detection of respiratory viruses
We were presenting the new methods for detection of respiratory viruses at „Pečenkovy epidemiologické dny” in Plzeň at 14th-16th April 2022.
Meet DIANA at ECBS/LS-EuChemS in Madrid
We are presenting the DIANA platform at 6th European Chemical Biology Symposium and the meeting of the EuChemS Division “Chemistry in Life Sciences” in Madrid at 3rd-5th April 2019. Meet us there to learn about DIANA’s potential in HTS screening and affinity profiling of Carbonic anhydrase inhibitors and discuss partnership opportunities.
Meet DIANA at SLAS 2019 in Washington DC
We are presenting DIANA at SLAS 2019 in Washington DC 4th-6th February 2019. Meet us there to learn about DIANA’s potential in HTS screening and affinity profiling and discuss partnership opportunities.
DIANA used to identify inhibitors of influenza neuraminidase
The team of scientists at IOCB successfully used DIANA technology to screen for inhibitors of influenza neuraminidase. Their study has been published in Biochemical Journal. Kožíšek et al. (2019): DNA-linked inhibitor antibody assay (DIANA) as a new method for screening influenza neuraminidase inhibitors.