DIANA for diagnostics – technology overview
DIANA-based detection kits are used for a sensitive detection of proteins (enzymes, receptors) as well as small molecular compounds (e.g. hormones) in blood or other clinical samples. It offers superior sensitivity and selectivity with very wide dynamic range and very low amount of sample required.
Detection kits are composed of antibody coated 96- well plates, detection probe, target protein standard and buffers. Such kits could be CE IVD certified to allow use in clinical diagnostic facilities. DIANA can be also used in R&D laboratory setting, in experiments where other assays are not sensitive enough to quantify the target protein.
- 4 step protocol easy to implement in most laboratories
- Can be completed within 2 hours at room temperature (with no critical time- or temperature- dependent steps)
Targets for DIANA diagnostics
Detection assay already developed for:
- Prostate Specific Membrane Antigen (PSMA)
- Carbonic anhydrase 9 (CA-IX)
- Fibroblast activating protein (FAP)
In development for:
- Carbonic anhydrase XII
Interested in using DIANA to quantify your target protein?
Please contact us to discuss your project needs.
- High success rates even for difficult targets
- Lead time ~3 months
- Assay development available as stand-alone service for fee or as part of collaborative projects
- Minimal performance (sensitivity) criteria and risk-sharing commercial models possible
Target quantification in clinical samples with DIANA assay – 2 options:
DIANA detection kit
- Kit components delivered by DIANA Biotechnologies:
- Assay plates (96-well) precoated with selective antibody
- DIANA probe designed for the target
- Protein standards for validation
- Buffers, qPCR reagents
- Detailed protocol
Sample quantification service
- Quantification run as a service at specialized DIANA Biotechnologies facility
- Customer provides clinical samples to be analyzed
- Target concentration accurately determined for each sample
- Full data analysis and interpretation included
- Short turn-around times and competitive pricing
#1 – PSMA detection kit
Prostate specific membrane antigen – PSMA (Glutamate Carboxypeptidase II – GCPII)
- Highly expressed in poorly differentiated, metastatic prostate cancer
- Catalyzes metabolism of one of the most important neurotransmitters
- Its inhibition is neuroprotective in animal models of neuropathic pain, stroke, schizophrenia, brain injury and others; recently shown also in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) models (>1M people alone in U.S., no causative treatment)
Highly sensitive and quantitative DIANA PSMA detection assay available either as a quantification service or in a format of easy-to-use detection kit.
Sensitive detection …
…validated using ELISA assay
High correlation between PSMA quantification using DIANA and our ELISA assay (no commercial ELISA available) has been demonstrated