Join us at position
Junior Computational Scientist / Junior Bioinformatician
Given our rapid growth in various diagnostic and therapeutic areas, we are looking for a skilled individual for the position of a Junior Computational Scientist / Junior Bioinformatician to assist us with our emerging computational needs.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Preparing a bioinformatical basis for diagnostic PCR assay development (e.g., for viruses: gathering phylogenetic information, sequence data, preparing sequence alignments, sequence clustering followed by our proprietary downstream analyses).
- Assistance with background research and literature or documentation review on a range of topics, including (but not limited to) microbiology, virology, software and algorithms, or biological and chemical databases.
- Participation in the development of software solutions to a range of bio- or chemoinformatical tasks emerging within the company (e.g., automated evaluation of PCR results or image analysis).
- You will be supported by our senior computational scientist.
Who are we looking for?
- A motivated individual with a demonstrable bioinformatical toolset:
- Confidence working with at least one popular, general-purpose programming language (for example, Python, Java).
- Understanding of general computing and software development concepts (for example, algorithms and data structures, computational complexity, version control).
- Knowledge of fundamental molecular biological and biochemical principles.
- Ability to independently research a novel knowledge domain and present their findings.
- Other qualities of the ideal candidate are:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a highly organized matter.
- Positive attitude and team spirit.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English.
What is of advantage but not a must?
- Familiarity with at least one high-performance programming language (for example, C, Java).
- Experience with molecular phylogenetics.
- Experience with chemoinformatics and database systems.
- Understanding of molecular interactions, chemistry, and physics.
- Familiarity with microbiology and virology.
What do we offer?
- Opportunity to work on interesting and meaningful projects including novel concepts diagnostics and drug discovery in a young and dynamic biotech company with world-class research and a strong future growth.
- A professional, yet friendly and supportive work environment.
- Large potential for personal and professional growth.
- Support for further education, courses, and trainings thorough an onboarding process.
- Competitive salary, part-time or full-time employment contract.
- Various employee benefits: meal vouchers, sick days, 5 weeks of holiday, pension contribution, Multisport card, refreshments and excellent coffee at the workplace, teambuildings and many more!
We are the most successful Czech biotechnology startup and we are just going global. We started in 2018 and since then we have built successful R&D and commercial activities in three main segments: human molecular diagnostics, small molecule drug discovery and monoclonal antibody development. We already have our products on the molecular diagnostic market and we have become the largest manufacturer of PCR tests for COVID-19 in the Czech Republic – we have brought sensitive and the most patient-friendly PCR tests from saliva to the market, multiplied the Czech testing capacity and at the same time reduced the price of the tests. We continue our mission to provide own products in diverse biotech areas as well as developing our own original medical drugs.
Although we are a young and flexible company, we have already grown to more than 100 employees. For 2021, we have become the fastest growing company in Central and Eastern Europe in the Deloitte Fast 50 Companies to watch. Our courage and healthy financial background give us the opportunity to pursue long-term and ambitious development projects with global impact. If you join us, you will be part of the creation of a unique biotechnology company that is the first of its kind in Central Europe.
When applying, please attach a Cover Letter (describe your experience, ambitions and skills you can contribute, and explain why you want to work for us in this particular position) and a CV (including a list of scientific publications if applicable).