Introducing DIANA assay
DIANA (DNA-linked Inhibitor ANtibody Assay) is a novel ultra-sensitive multi-well plate based protein detection assay, which provides unique benefits in its two main areas of application:
How it works?
DIANA is a multi-well plate assay, where target protein is selectively captured to the solid carrier and then bound by a unique detection probe consisting of a small-molecule ligand linked to a DNA-oligonucleotide. Subsequently, the probe is detected and quantified by qPCR. For drug discovery, the assay utilizes competition between the probe and the test compounds to measure their binding affinity.
DIANA is straightforward to develop for new targets and easy to implement using standard laboratory equipment.
DIANA for drug discovery
- Quantitative screening of compounds for interactions with the target of interest
- Sensitive hit discovery with ultra-low false positive and false negative rates
- Suitable for compound pooling format reducing ~10-times number of wells required
- Provided as a service or as a screening kit easy to implement at any facility
- Suitable for both high throughput screening and lead compound optimization
Extremely high signal-to-noise ratio (Z’>0.9;CV<5%)
Quantitative - inhibition potency determined from a single well
Sensitive hit discovery, ultra-low false-positive and false-negative rate
Robust - no need for recombinant or purified proteins
Highly cost-efficient - very low consumption + compatible with pooling
Available as screening kit or as screening service at our facility
DIANA for diagnostics
- Detection of onco-markers and other relevant protein targets in blood or other clinical samples
- Ultra-sensitive and quantitative detection with the broad dynamic range
- Assay to be available in kit format which could be used in any standard laboratory setting
- Suitable for both R&D and clinical diagnostics applications
Ultra-sensitive (zeptomolar) with broad dynamic range
Very low background – no antibody interference
Highly selective for active form of the target
Works with tiny amounts of different biological samples
CE IVD certification possible
Available in kit format with easy-to-use protocol or as a service
Our team and expertise
DIANA biotechnologies are currently being developed by the team lead by Václav Navrátil in the laboratory of Dr. Jan Konvalinka at the Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry, Academy of Sciences in Prague. This institute has a global reputation and strong record in drug discovery.
Spin-off company is going to be soon established in order to deliver DIANA products to the market.
We have assembled a strong team combining deep expertise in molecular biology, organic chemistry, biochemistry, data analysis and technology transfer.
News and upcoming presentations
DIANA for drug discovery – high sensitivity screening of pooled libraries.
Methodology paper in preparation