News: DIANA COVID-19 diagnostic products
DIANA Biotechnologies has developed series of ultra-sensitive diagnostic solutions to fight the COVID-19 epidemic. These are optimized to be run in diagnostic labs in high-throughput format using available open system liquid handler instrument.
Our COVID-19 testing solution has been already installed and running at 4 major diagnostic labs in the Czech republic, including largest private testing center in Prague (where it allowed upscale of throughput from ~150 to ~800 samples per day), major Czech hospital treating infectious diseases in Prague and Health institute in Ostrava. We are currently installing our setup at other core hospitals in the Czech Republic and also abroad.
- High efficacy of RNA isolation
- Reproducible and applicable to a range of biological samples, such as pharyngeal and nasal swabs or saliva
- Efficacy of COVID-19 RNA isolation is tested for each lot
- In-house production from basic chemicals, sustainable large scale production
- Two versions of the kit currently available:
- Manual isolation kit (DB-1205)
- Automated RNA isolation kit for Agilent Bravo (DB-1206, reagents provided in multi-well plate format, includes all the plastic required)
- Meets all WHO recommendations
- Multiplex detection of 2 viral genes and 1 RNA isolation control
- Unique set of primers optimized for ultra-high sensitivity and selectivity
- High sensitivity of COVID-19 RNA detection
- Capable of detecting <10 molecules of viral RNA
- Higher sensitivity over most commercially available kits
- Universal: can be used with most multi-well-plate real-time PCR cyclers (96-well or 384-well format)
- Highly cost-efficient, sustainable large-scale production
- CE IVD marked (DB-1211)
Optimized for high-throughput
- DIANA COVID-19 RNA isolation is optimized to be run in a multi-well plate format on universal laboratory liquid handling robot Agilent Bravo
- All the necessary protocols and key setup features provided in initial installation package (DB-1214)
- Single 96-well plate installation can process up to 1500 samples per day
Several other advanced COVID-19 diagnostic solutions currently under development (detection from saliva, self-collection kits, ultra-sensitive serology tests, multiplex COVID&FLU diagnostic kits,…).
Introducing DIANA assay
DIANA (DNA-linked Inhibitor ANtibody Assay) is a novel ultra-sensitive multi-well plate based protein detection assay, which provides unique benefits in its two main areas of application:
- High Throughput Screening of small-molecular libraries for inhibitors or ligands of protein targets with ultra-low false-negative and false-positive rates
- Affinity profiling and quantitative specificity panels
- ADME pharmacology testing
- Quantitative detection of active enzymes, receptors or small molecules from range of clinical samples
- Ultra-sensitive, requiring tiny amount of sample (e.g. drop of blood)
- Available as a service or in a format of detection kit
How it works?
DIANA is a multi-well plate assay, where target protein is selectively captured to the solid carrier and then bound by a unique detection probe consisting of a small-molecule ligand linked to a DNA-oligonucleotide. Subsequently, the probe is detected and quantified by qPCR. For drug discovery, the assay utilizes competition between the probe and the test compounds to measure their binding affinity.
DIANA is straightforward to develop for new targets and easy to implement using standard laboratory equipment.
DIANA for drug discovery
- Quantitative screening of compounds for interactions with the target of interest (enzyme, receptor, protein-protein interactions)
- Sensitive hit discovery with ultra-low false positive and false negative rates
- High throughput (>200,000 compounds per day), pooling of compounds to boost throughput and simplify logistics possible
- Can be used for high throughput screening, selectivity profiling and lead compound optimization
- Provided as a service or as a easy-to-use kit to be implemented at customer’s facility
Extremely high signal-to-noise ratio (Z’>0.9;CV<10%)
Quantitative - inhibition potency determined from a single well
Sensitive hit discovery, ultra-low false-positive and false-negative rate
Robust - no need for recombinant or purified proteins
Highly cost-efficient - very low consumption + compatible with pooling
Available as screening kit or as screening service at our facility
DIANA for diagnostics
- Detection of clinically relevant enzymes, receptors and small molecules in blood or other clinical samples
- Ultra-sensitive quantitative detection (femtograms of target) with the broad dynamic range (up to 6 logs)
- Suitable for both R&D and clinical diagnostics applications
- Assay available in a kit format which could be used in any standard laboratory setting
Ultra-sensitive (zeptomolar) with broad dynamic range
Very low background – no antibody interference
Highly selective for active form of the target
Requires tiny amounts of sample (<1 ul of human blood is sufficient)
CE IVD certification possible
Available in kit format with easy-to-use protocol or as a service
DIANA Biotech story
DIANA Biotechnologies, s.r.o. was established in 2018 as a spin-off company of the Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry (IOCB), Academy of Sciences in Prague, aiming to build on its global reputation and a strong track record in drug discovery. We have raised a substantial amount of venture capital funding and were awarded an exclusive global rights for the DIANA technology.
Combining in our team a unique set of expertise in medical & organic chemistry, biochemistry and pharmacology we are set to unleash the power of DIANA technology in both areas of clinical diagnostics and drug discovery.
In our diagnostics unit, we are building a portfolio of detection assays utilizing the DIANA’s ultra-high sensitivity, allowing the detection of medically relevant targets from a tiny amount of sample. Our drug discovery unit is providing complex CRO services ranging from assay development, HTS screening of small-molecular libraries and ADME pharmacology testing. Utilizing our collaborations we are also developing some of our own early drug-discovery programs.
The company is now based in its own research facility in a biotechnology hub in Vestec near Prague and has established collaborations with range of industrial and academic partners.
Products & services
Utilizing mainly the proprietary DIANA Technology, but also our general expertise in medicinal chemistry and biochemistry, DIANA Biotechnologies is offering a range of products and services in diagnostics (both for research use and clinical applications) and drug discovery (high throughput screening, affinity measurements and selectivity profiling, assay development, lead compound optimization, ADME pharmacology).
Please check the links above for details and do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your project needs.
News and upcoming presentations
We are presenting the DIANA platform at 6th European Chemical Biology Symposium and the meeting of the EuChemS Division “Chemistry in Life Sciences” in Madrid at 3rd-5th April 2019. Meet us there to learn about DIANA’s potential in HTS screening and affinity profiling of Carbonic anhydrase inhibitors and discuss partnership opportunities.
The team of scientists at IOCB successfully used DIANA technology to screen for inhibitors of influenza neuraminidase. Their study has been published in Biochemical Journal. Kožíšek et al. (2019): DNA-linked inhibitor antibody assay (DIANA) as a new method for screening influenza neuraminidase inhibitors.
DIANA-based research papers
DIANA for drug discovery – High Throughput Screening leading to rapid identification of novel leads.
Methodology paper in preparation
Job vacancies - join us!
We are constantly looking for new colleagues to join our growing firm. If you have an education/expertise in pharmacology, molecular biology, biochemistry or medicinal chemistry, if you are interested in working on exciting projects in the areas of clinical diagnostics or drug discovery and if you are willing to work in a fast paced start-up environment, we would love to hear from you.
Please send you CV with a cover letter to email@example.com
We are currently specifically looking to fill the following vacancies based in Vestec near Prague, Czech republic:
- Seniorní laborant, PhD nebo Postdoc, kterého baví práce v laboratoři i administrativa
- Odpovědnost za chod celé laboratoře (včetně administrace objednávek a správy přístrojů)
- Dobrá znalost práce s Excelem
- Nutná znalost češtiny i angličtiny (Czech language required)
- Vhodné zejména pro VŠ studenty či PhD se základními zkušenostmi z biologické nebo biochemické laboratoře
- Výpomoc s výrobou souprav na detekci COVID-19 (štítkování vialek, kompletace souprav, expedice, ….)
- Optimálně cca 20 hodin týdně během podzimu
- Postdoc or PhD in biochemistry, molecular biology or medicinal chemistry (junior applications may be also considered based on the project demand).
- Experience in drug discovery or clinical diagnostics is a plus
- Smart, analytical, strong work ethics, easy to work with, skills and motivation to contribute to our R&D projects